The project has achieved the following technical results
- Improvement of theoretical foundations in the field of shape modelling and haptics in respect to state of the art.
- Scenario showing the evolution and specifications for future haptic interaction methods and devices.
- Improvement of cognitive ergonomics theories, including integration of vision and haptics in human-machine interaction.
- Stand-alone components:
new haptic interfaces, performing real-time rendering of complex shapes, and providing hand interaction;
new shape modelling techniques, supporting easy and intuitive deformation of shapes.
- Prototype of an innovative system integrating shape modelling and haptic interfaces.
- Best practice for end users.